I want to start by thanking all of you for your continued participation during our closed beta process. Because of all your great feedback and testing, we have decided to move forward with the next step; open beta! User registration is now open to everybody. You can invite your friends to join Fashion Mash using the invitation page (you can also get there by clicking on the "invite your friends to join" link in your Profile).
- Tutorial -- We put together a getting started tutorial to introduce folks to the Fashion Mash process. We have plans for more detailed tutorials to come, as well as "viewtorial" screencasts.
- Notifications -- Email notifications for site events, like receiving a new message, have been added. You can also subscribe to a customized RSS feed of your events. You can control all of this under the notification settings from the Account menu.
- News and Blog -- We started a site blog so we can discuss news and issues relevant to Fashion Mash, as well as post on other topics you might find interesting.
- Editor Updates -- The outfit editor was improved to simplify the process of finding items and backdrops to add to your outfit. The tilt feature has also been replaced with a free-range rotation feature to give you more control over the final look.
- Outfit Sharing -- The outfit pages now include an HTML snippet that you can copy-paste into your blog or webpage to simplify sharing your outfits with the rest of the world. We plan to add a Facebook app and other 3rd party tools in the near future as well to make sharing your outfits even easier.
We want to take a moment to thank Meez for providing the technology to integrate their avatars into our site. Don't forget that you can update your main Meez at any time, and your new look will show up on Fashion Mash. They've got some neat new fall and Halloween stuff to check out.
Speaking of Halloween, come show us what you'll be wearing this scary Hallow's Eve! Create an outfit with your costume items by October 31st and earn yourself a spooktacular "Pumpkin Badge" for your profile. Stay tuned for more details on what we plan to do with profile badges, but don't wait to start working on that costume outfit!
Brought to you by the letters F, M, and the number 4.
Developer in Chief